Oregon Liberty Coalition Affiliate Application
Mission Statement and Policies
Oregon Liberty Coalition (OLC) is a statewide Coalition of local, autonomous, non-partisan patriot groups established to advance and strengthen the Founding principles and God-given rights predicated in the U.S. and Oregon Constitutions. Our mission is to encourage and facilitate affiliate participation in community outreach, and empower all citizens with a voice and influence in demanding Constitutional governance. OLC will help local, independent groups grow in numbers and nurture communication and collaboration among patriot and freedom supporting groups.
The Primary issues that we focus on are:
- Constitutional Limited Government
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Free Markets
For information or to receive an Affiliate Application, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliate Agreement for OLC
We have established a few simple criteria for affiliates in the Oregon Liberty Coalition to help maintain the integrity and security of the OLC. All policies can be found on the OLC website under About Us.
- OLC functions via a weekly conference call.
- Each affiliate will only have one vote for any issue or agreed messaging.
- Affiliates may appoint 1-3 representatives (includes backups) to the OLC to participate in the OLC business and conference calls.
- Do not forward OLC work products to general membership (without approval).
- Do not forward or use OLC affiliate contact information for any purpose other than OLC.
- Affiliates may not use OLC logo or endorsement for any purpose not approved by OLC.
- OLC affiliates may display that they are an affiliate of the OLC on group websites and printed material.
- Affiliates may not speak in behalf of the OLC without the approval of the OLC.
- Participate in the Coalition meeting (conference calls or events) and indicates a continued interest.
- Affiliates’ purpose should reflect the Primary Issues of the OLC.
- No dues are required. Donations are accepted for maintaining the website and other incidental expenses.
Removal by OLC:
- New affiliates
- shall be presented during one meeting and an email notice sent out. A week must transpire before final vote takes place at the following meeting so as to allow members time to consider the proposed affiliate and provide an opportunity to vote via email if unable to participate in the vote. Determination is made from the majority of total votes cast.
- Planning activities, such as the annual rally, may be done by committee in conjunction with those participating on the call when needing a decision.
- OLC business matters, will first be accepted by a majority vote of those participating on the call and then distributed to affiliates for confirmation. A confirmation may be in the form of rejection unless participants decide each group must have a confirming vote.
Removal from OLC:
Upon motion and presentation of cause, an affiliate may be removed from OLC by majority vote of OLC. Cause must be a violation of affiliate rules or other gross misconduct.
Revisions to Affiliate Rules:
Changes and modifications can be made to affiliate rules by majority vote. The proposed changes shall be included as an agenda item in the email notice. A motion and discussion must be made during one meeting and a week must transpire before final vote takes place at the following meeting so as to allow affiliates time to consider the proposed change and provide an opportunity to vote via email if unable to participate in the vote.
Replacement of Officers:
Should there be a need to replace the committee director or treasurer, OLC operates by volunteers, so first priority will be to seek a capable volunteer. If more than one volunteer steps forward, the vote will go to the membership. Otherwise, a volunteer may be confirmed by the affiliate representatives on the call using the ‘Revisions to Affiliate Rules’ procedures.
November 24, 2017
# # # # # # # #
OREGON LIBERTY COALITION
Funds Handling Policy
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance to ensure that funds handling procedures provide the controls necessary to safeguard assets, prevent mishandling of funds, and to accurately record receipts to ensure the reliability of financial reporting.
An Oregon Liberty Coalition account is established at Paypal to facilitate contributions for the maintenance of the website and incidental expenses. The account is overseen by the elected Treasurer and Committee Director.
The Committee Director is a fiduciary position overseeing the finances and obtaining proper authority for expenditures according to OLC policies.
The Treasurer is responsible for giving updated expense reports to the OLC in a timely manner.
The Treasurer has the authority to authorize other members to pay bills authorized by the OLC policy.
- Bills for maintaining the website have automatic approval for payment when due.
- No reoccurring bill shall be obligated without a vote of the membership on a call. Any member may ask for a vote from the affiliates.
- Other expenses shall be presented to the affiliates on a call for discussion and approval. Any member may ask for a vote from the affiliates.